Merkonomi, Vocational Qualification in Business
Vocational Qualification in Business
Oulu Vocational College OSAO is offering a study programme in business delivered completely in English. After graduation you will be qualified to work in various business-related jobs such as customer service, sales and marketing communications in international environments.
Vocation and studies
After graduation you will be qualified to work in various business-related jobs such as customer service, sales and marketing communications in Finland or abroad.
The programme includes International Baccalaureate career-related studies (IBCP).
Employment and opportunities for further studies
The course of study provides you with vocational as well as language skills that are an advantage when working in international business environments.
Vocational qualification gives students eligibility for further education in universities and universities of applied sciences in Finland. As a result of IB career-related studies you will be well-prepared for applying to higher education.
Jokaiselle sopiva tapa opiskella. Valitse juuri sinulle sopiva hakutapa.
Jatkuva haku sopii sinulle, joka et voi hakea valtakunnallisessa yhteishaussa ja haluat hankkia ammatillisen tutkinnon tai kehittää ammatillista osaamistasi.
Who can apply
This program is for those who have completed basic education (approximately nine years) with a good command in English language and are without completed vocational qualification. We can yearly accept a few applicants without the Finnish national qualifications in basic education. In this case we require that the applicant has the necessary capacity to study in the programme and also has a well grounded reason to study in Oulu Vocational College.
Upper secondary or higher education graduates can be accepted only in exceptional case if there are free study places.
Read more information on qualification at Studyinfo.
How to apply
- Fill in the online application form. The application form is available during the application period from 18 February to 10 March and closes on the last day of application at 15:00 Finnish time.
- Deliver photocopies of the school and work experience certificates to Services unit by 20 March 2020.
- If you are graduating from a Finnish comprehensive school (peruskoulu) in the spring 2020, deliver a photocopy of the school certificate by 8 June 2020.
- Invitations to entrance examination are sent to all invited applicants by email.
- The entrance examination is arranged on 7 May 2020 in Oulu. We cannot arrange any entrance examinations via Skype.
- The results of student selection will be published 11 June 2020 at the earliest.
- Studies start in August 2019. All selected students must bring their original documents to be verified on the first day of their studies.
Delivery address for the documents
Oulun seudun ammattiopisto
Kaukovainion yksikkö, palvelut
Kotkantie 2 C
Documents by email to email@example.com.
Planned duration of studies
Planned duration is three years.
Admission points are awarded for general academic success, for work experience and for entrance examination result.
Some applicants can be accepted in discretionary selection. The reasons for discretionary selection are e.g. difficulties in determining the applicability of certificates (applicants without the Finnish national qualifications in basic education).
If you have the required amount of points but lack sufficient readiness in oral and written communication in English, you cannot be admitted to the study programme.
Structure of studies
Vocational units 145 competence points(cp)
Compulsory vocational modules
- Customer Service, 20 cp
- Profitable operation, 20 cp
- Acting in a work community, 15 cp
Optional vocational modules
- Sales, 30 cp
- Event production, 15 cp
- Planning a business, 15 sp
- IBDP Business and Management, SL, 15 cp
- IBDP English B, SL, 10 cp
- IBCP Reflective project, 5 cp
Common units, 35 competence points
Cost of studying
Education is free. You have to have an own laptop and you buy the books yourself. In addition, IB examination fees round 300 euros.
Tiina Karvonen, Head of Department
+358 50 462 4720
Niina Miettinen, Study Councellor
+358 40 141 5317